Thursday, April 5, 2012

M10 Slim the Samurai

     "Hello, and welcome to Samurai School!" A booming voice greeted me.
I noticed the samurai teacher had many swords. I hoped I could get as many as him.
"My name is Professor Akizuki. Please join our class, you're just in time for sword training!" He told me.
I remembered when I saw the flyer posted up on the board in the hotel lobby, and thought this would be a dream come true. Me, a samurai! I thought excitedly. I've always wanted to be one ever since I was little! Now it's happening. I walked into the classroom and looked for an open chair.
"Excuse me," I asked the teacher, "but where are the chairs?"
"What do you mean by, 'chairs'?"
I remembered that the Japanese didn't use chairs, they sat on the floor. I quickly sat down.
     "Hey, what's your name?" Another student asked.
"Oh, my name is Slim. What's yours?"
He looked about 25, and as I've seen he always has a grin on his face. He looked like a nice guy.
"My name is Izumi Mizutami. My parents were samurais so I have to become one, against my will! I actually want to be a farmer. And my parents said that if I'm not the best samurai in the class, they'll ground me for life! But I'm sure we'll be best of friends."
     "Okay class," The teacher spoke, " Please pick out a sword to your liking. They are spread out in front of me."
I got up and browsed through the swords. I picked one that had a red handle. It was light and sturdy. I knew it was a powerful sword. I walked back to my spot and sat down.
     As we went along with the different sword techniques, I noticed that Izumi kid was glaring at me. Actually, everyone in the class was looking at me. Not with frustrated glares like Izumi, but in wonder, sort of. Even the teacher looked at me.
"Um, Slim, was it?" The teacher asked.
"Yeah, that's me."
"You're doing incredible! Better than all the other students combined!" He exclaimed.
Some of the other students grumbled, but I was gleaming.
"A++ for you, Slim! Congratulations!"
What I was doing so great was me swinging my sword. I guess that I was doing pretty well. But I would've stopped if I had known what damage I was doing to a particular student.
     "Okay class, it's time. Who wants to commit seppuku?"
The class was like, "Say WHAAAA?", and I was like, "Say WHAAAA?", and the janitor was like, "Say WHAAAA?".
"I will!" Said Izumi.
Oh no, I thought, why would he do that?
"Why are you doing this?" I asked him.
He silently walked up to the table and before he got his sword, he said, "I don't want to be grounded for life."
He made a circle in his stomach and the teacher cut his head off.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" I shouted.
But it was too late.
     I ran out of the school and back to my hotel. I was really sad and confused. I was sad because, well, you know why. But I was confused to why he killed himself. Then I remembered what he said, 'And my parents said that if I'm not the best samurai in the class, they'll ground me for life!' So I guessed that he didn't want to be grounded forever. I guess that makes sense, and he is in a better place. I got into bed, but had a hard time sleeping

3 comments:

  1. I like how you become a samurai, and your story arch was perfecto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you started it off your blog. GOOD JOB! I also enjoyed the part when you said Say WHAAAAAAAA. When You Said " I ran out the school and back to the hotel" I thought that that oart was very funny, And This blog was great !

    ReplyDelete