Tuesday, March 20, 2012

M9 Buddhism In Japan

     Hello again! Today I got a call from Prince Shotoku of Japan. He told me to come over right away, so I guess I'll find out what's up when I get there. Okay, let's go!
     *past tense* When I arrived in Japan, I asked someone where Prince Shotoku lived.
"Oh, just down the road and take a right. You can't miss it, literally. It's in the middle of the road."
I followed his directions and realized he was right, there was a huge building in front of the road. I walked in and a couple of guards stopped me. They told me to leave or they would kick me out. I didn't want to bother with them, so I kicked them out myself. They held their bottoms in pain and whimpered away. There was an uncertainty of them coming back, so that was good. I walked up to where Prince Shotoku was.
"Good morning, Slim!" Prince Shotoku said.
"Uhh, good morning!" I replied.
"I'm glad you came! And just in time, too, for I have a favor to ask of you."
"Sure, what is it?"
"I need you to travel across the sea and retrieve information about Buddhism so I can spread it among my people. I'm kind of a fanatic about Buddhism! Can you do it?"
That sounded like fun, so I accepted and walked back outside. I decided that I would need to visit China, because I would get great information about Buddhism there. I packed up my things and flew to China.
     When I got to China, I exited my vehicle and walked around. I noticed a huge statue of the Buddha. And I mean huge. It's 112 feet tall and 280 short tons! I realized that the Chinese must really like Buddhism. I walked up to a person and asked where I could find information about Buddhism. She said that I could find info at the Emperor's palace.
    I walked to the palace and just like in Japan, two guards told me to leave or they would kick me out. I turned into a bear and mauled them. I guessed that was a bit much. I mean, they were only doing their job! How would you feel-No! I told myself. Shut up! I'm talking about this too much. I walked to the emperor. I explained that I came to represent Japan and that they wanted to learn about Buddhism. He thought for a moment, then smiled. He gladly accepted to teach me all he knew about Buddhism.

"-And that's why we use the Noble Eightfold Path!" He finished.
"Thank you for teaching me about Buddhism, but I really must go now." I insisted.
"Oh no, but you can't leave just yet."
"Wait, what do you mean?"
"I mean, now that you know about Buddhism, you must have your memory erased. We can't let any other country know about it."
He called in his guards, and the last thing I saw was their baseball bat in my face.
     When I woke up, I saw that my hands were tied together with that stupid magic rope that doesn't allow me to use my powers.
"Hahaha! And now, we will erase your memory!" The emperor yelled.
They put a helmet on me and a bunch of electricity going through it. I started to forget all the things I was taught! I noticed there was a nail in the wall behind me. I flipped backwards and the ropes were cut. I took the helmet off of me and threw it at the emperor. I turned into a sword and slashed the guards. I started to find a way out. When I found the exit, I had almost forgotten the helmet and the rope. I decided to keep the helmet as a souvenir, but I wanted to see how those ropes get their power. I grabbed the items, walked out of the exit, and took a boat to Japan.
     When I reached Prince Shotoku, he asked me of what I learned. I then realized that I forgot that I forgot the Buddhism lessons. (Whoa, a double forgetting! That's cool!) So I decided to kind of make up the things that were deleted from my memory.
"Thank you so much for teaching me about the ways of Buddhism! I will immediately spread it to my people!"
We shook hands, and I made my leave to go get a hotel room.
As I settled down to go to sleep, I remembered when I was in 7th grade (this was after I bought my bail from prison. It was kind of a lot of money) that the Japanese had different ideas about Buddhism than the Chinese. I realized that I caused this! Because I had my memory partly erased from the Chinese, I changed Buddhism for the Japanese! That's pretty cool if I say so myself. I also wondered how the Chinese guard could have a baseball bat when baseball didn't exist then. I forgot about it and went to sleep.

4 comments:

  1. I love your post, but I don't think they had planes and cars in medieval Japan

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they didn't have those, but think about the fact that this is fiction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although electricity wouldn't be invented for hundreds of years, you still found a way to get electrocuted in Medieval Japan.

    ReplyDelete