Friday, May 20, 2011

M15 The Ultimate Pilgrimage

    Hey again! This week I'm going to the Ganges and Sarasvati rivers to bathe in them and purify myself. It's in the Hindu religion. People go on pilgrimages to these huge rivers. It's a type of trip, I guess. Okay, my pilgrimage people are here now. It's probably going to take me a couple hours to get there. Well, here I go!
   *past tense* As I was on the road, I realized I had no idea what was going to happen or what a pilgrimage is. I asked some of the people about the info of these. "Actually," Said the guide, "A pilgrimage is a journey or search of great moral or spiritual significance.Typically, it is a journey to a shrine or other location of importance to a person's beliefs and faith. Many religions attach spiritual importance to particular places: the place of birth or death of founders or saints, or to the place of their "calling" or spiritual awakening, or of their connection (visual or verbal) with the divine, or to locations where miracles were performed or witnessed, or-"
"Whoa Whoa Whoa! That sounds like Wikipedia."
"Uhhh, well, uhh..."
He started freaking out and tried to tackle me. I snapped his neck and moved on. "Okay everyone," I said, "I'm the new guide. The other guy was a weirdo. I'm still not really sure what was wrong with him. Besides, he wasn't a pro like me."
"Wait," Said a person, "What do you mean by wasn't a pro?"
"Uhhh, he magically snapped his own neck and threw himself in a ditch and buried himself lazily. Ummm, let's keep moving, shall we?"
The others looked at me with a weird look for a little while, but they forgot about it, for they were craving delicious Buddha King. After a couple casualties (Okay, I was the only one left. I mean, the others pretty much shoved themselves into that tiger's mouth!), we (I) finally arrived to the rivers. The bathing process is for cleansing your soul or something. I jauntily ran to the rivers and cannon-balled in. Everyone got super mad at me for not bathing correctly and getting everyone wet. I thought that was kinda stupid because they should be having fun with this, right? I ignored them and swam to my heart's desire. After I got kicked out and was banned from the rivers, I ordered a hotel and fell fast to sleep.

3 comments:

  1. that was brutle. You killed everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe this is the first pilgrimage I've heard of where the goal is to kill everyone travelling with you. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete