Hey everyone!!! I'm glad to be back writing these great posts about my life as a time traveler! Let's go to the post, shall we? *past tense*
I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of my Ferrari. I had only two things on my mind: myself and the scratch on my car. I wished I looked more like the normal me because I have a big bruise on my arm from a fight, and I want that big barren scratch on my car to go away. I saw a huge amount of small homes, which is kind of weird, because they're opposites. I smelled bread, and not that lame 5 wheat bread your mom forces you to eat all the time, but the great warm bread from the grocery store. Mmmmmmm... I was starting to like it here!
Middle Age food changed a lot during the Middle Ages, up to the start of the Middle Ages when William the Conqueror and the Normans invaded England. Early Middle Age food was basic and the ingredients were home grown. It all changed in 1066 with the Norman Conquest and between 1095-1270 when Europeans went to the East and joined in the crusades. The people of the Middle Ages liked to drink, and because water was almost always unclean, it was super important. The poor people drank ale, mead or cider and the rich people were able to drink many different types of wines.
Middle Age food changed a lot during the Middle Ages, up to the start of the Middle Ages when William the Conqueror and the Normans invaded England. Early Middle Age food was basic and the ingredients were home grown. It all changed in 1066 with the Norman Conquest and between 1095-1270 when Europeans went to the East and joined in the crusades. The people of the Middle Ages liked to drink, and because water was almost always unclean, it was super important. The poor people drank ale, mead or cider and the rich people were able to drink many different types of wines.
I decided to visit a castle, because they were very pleasing to the eye.When I got to the castle (it was pretty far away), I saw a lot of people out working in the front yard. I remembered that those people who are in that social class are called serfs, or peasants. I walked up to the door and knocked really loudly. When no one answered, I crept into the castle through the back door which was unlocked for some reason.
Large stone castles were built in Europe from about the 1100’s to about the 1500’s. These huge buildings served not only to defend the country from foreign invaders but as the basic tool in preserving the king’s and the nobles’ power over the land. The social system was very rigid in the Middle Ages. Under feudalism, the basic social structure in this time, all land was held by the king. The king gave pieces of this land to various high nobles, in return for their help in fighting his wars or in putting down rebellions.
When I got in, I noticed that this dynasty was HUGE!!!!!! I explored almost all the rooms. There was a bathroom, the Great Hall (which was without a doubt the biggest hall I've ever seen), the kitchen, there was even a chapel available to anyone! Man, this guy must be a crazy good entrepreneur. I decided to leave after timing myself to see how long it would take me to reach all the rooms. Of course, until the King found me.
TO BE CONTINUED...
I like how you started your post like S.E. Hinton did in The Outsiders.
ReplyDeleteNice post, i agree with Dark Mask as well
ReplyDeleteI think your use of suspense at the end was quite bodacious.
ReplyDeletei like how you used the word dynasty
ReplyDelete