Hey
everyone, I’m glad to be able to talk to you guys again! It’s weird,
when I checked my mail, I saw that the University of Paris had sent me a
letter. I opened it, and I read that I had been accepted into the role
of one teachers at their university! That’s why I’ve been packing up all
my equipment for teaching! I’ve got my apple, my big teaching trophy
that says, ‘Best Teacher’, my big sophisticated robes, and my long sharp
wooden pointer for hitting kid’s desks when they’re not paying
attention and, umm, pointing at things. I'm going to go now.
*past tense* After turning into a Quetzalcoatlus (thought to be the biggest flying mammal ever)
and freaking out over a gazillion people, I finally started flying to
the university. When I got there, I saw an old guy at the place in a
wheelchair. I decided to ask him about this place.“Hi,” I said,”Who are you?”
“My name is Charlie Quavier.” He said.
“Is this the University of Paris?”
"No, my dear fellow, this is Quavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, the head base for the Q-Men. You know, Wolferine and Triclops?"
I ran back and flew away as fast as possible. I decided that I'd visit that place again, but later. Because I have something important to do. It's teaching time.
When I arrived at the real university, I rushed over to the classroom. The headmaster catered to one of my needs (it's customary to do so), which was a snack because I was famished. I put my items down on the table, and started.
"Hello, my name is Slim, and I will be your substitute teacher today. Okay, what do we usually do at this-"
"You're late." Said one the students.
"Well," I stammered, "I had some troubles getting here. I used my GPS instead of Mapquest."
Silence.
"Your GP-what?"
"Oh, uh," I had to come up with something. "It stands for Guide Park System."
"Wait, that doesn't even-"
"Moving on!" I immediately interrupted.
I remained poised and decided to start actually teaching the students.
"So, what's the regime we do now?"
"We usually learn about geography."
"Okay! Raise your hand and tell me something about the Earth."
"It's flat."
I got confused.
"Wait, what?"
"It's flat. If you go off the edge you go into God's domain. Wow, how did you get hired?"
"Well," I said, "The Earth isn't flat. It's a sphere."
"No, it's flat!"
"No, It's a sphere!"
"Flat!"
"Sphere!"
"Flat!"
"Gosh! Okay, it can be flat! Anything else?"
"God created the Earth in 6 days."
I paused.
"I'm not going into religion right now. What else do we do?"
After a couple hours (and a lot of Aspirin), the day was over and I finally got to leave. I was hungry, so I decided to visit the local Caesar's Pizza. I got 3 Hawaiian pizzas and brought them to my hotel room. I ate them and went to sleep (I definitely needed it).
I like the conversation you had with one your students! i also like how you used poised.
ReplyDeleteSounds to me like you learned more than your students. I'm fascinated that they have a pizza place and a hotel in Medieval Paris.
ReplyDelete